What we do for you.

  • We offer a fast, efficient, local service across North Wales, at a very competitive price.
  • We facilitate your Home Information Packs (HIPs).
  • We facilitate your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
  • We will advise you on Compulsory Items and Optional Items.
call our helpline


elmerst accredited

Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) give information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC. Find out what EPCs look like and what they contain.

  • What they tell you

    EPCs contain:

    • Information on your home's energy use and carbon dioxide emissions
    • A recommendation report with suggestions to reduce energy use and carbon dioxide emissions
  • When to get an EPC

    You should receive an EPC when you are thinking about buying or renting a home. Youll need to provide one if you are selling or letting your home.

  • Which buildings need an EPC?

    An EPC is required when a building is constructed, rented or sold. A building will need an EPC if it has a roof and walls and uses energy to condition an indoor climate. This means it has heating, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation. For example, a garden shed would not need an EPC if it doesnt have any heating.

    The building can either be a whole building or part of a building that has been designed or altered to be used separately. If a building is made up of separate units, each with its own heating system, each unit will need an EPC.

  • EPCs for business premises
    Owners of all commercial buildings also have to provide an EPC when they sell or let commercial premises.

Please contact us for more information or visit Directgov.